Saving Energy costs is important. High air conditioning costs are always a big concern in the Summer. It can get very expensive as the temperatures rise.
Maximize Your Energy Efficiency
There are several things you can do to maximize efficiency on your air conditioner or heat pump system. This will help save on these costs. Here are some helpful tips.
- Keep your air conditioning, heat pump, vents and filters clean and free of dirt, debris and clutter. Change your air filters often so your system runs more efficiently and uses less energy. At least every 3 months or every month if you have pets or high traffic. Make sure the vents are cleaned, vacuumed regularly and that the coils are not collecting dirt. This may cause your system to work harder.
- Use Programmable Thermostats to customize your personal needs. The areas in your home that you are using at certain times of the day or night are kept at the correct temperature. Non occupied areas are kept warmer and not using air conditioning.
- Only cool rooms which are in use. Close off vents, keep doors closed in extra rooms so the air conditioning will not be wasted.
- Keep drapes closed in the heat of the day, particularly on South Facing windows. Windows can magnify the heat.
- Make sure your home is properly insulated and sealed at the windows and doors. Invest in insulation and seals if necessary which will help keep the warm air inside.
- Add humidity if your air is excessively dry. HVAC systems can dry the air out, adding humidity can help you feel warmer at lower temperatures. Adding house plants can increase humidity naturally.
- Use ceiling fans to increase circulation. Setting ceiling fans on low will circulate the cooled air. Using fans moving counter clockwise at low speed will help push heat upward. Fans moving clockwise help in the Winter.
Consider a Higher Energy Efficient System
Newer Air Conditioning systems can be far more energy efficient and can create significant savings for you.
We offer Free Estimates so you can easily consider your choices. Many Financing options available. Air Doctor Heating and Air can help you if your Air Conditioning system is not running efficiently or wasting energy. Call us for an inspection if your suspect your system is not operating properly.