The Reme-Halo air purification system is a new warrior in the fight against contaminants in your home.
This device is a “Whole Home” purification system. The Reme- Halo is installed right in your HVAC duct system and kills bacteria and viruses in the air as well as on surfaces. In addition, Reme- Halo also combats allergens, smoke, odors and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) in homes and businesses.
In addition to homes and office buildings, the Reme- Halo device is used in Hospitals, Schools, Cruise Ships and Nursing homes to greatly reduce risks from microbial contamination.
Harmful Bacteria and Viruses can cause and spread illnesses. As a matter of fact, they can be in the air you breathe and on surfaces you touch in your home. This is how illnesses spread. Four common bacteria found in homes are:
- Bacillus- Some species of Bacillus can cause food poisoning.
- Staphylococci- Some species can cause infections and one virulent strain is responsible for MRSA.
- Micrococcus- Relatively harmless, but it can cause certain foods to spoil.
- Pseudomonas- Generally do not cause harm to healthy individual, but can cause harm to those who are immuno-compromised.
Bacteria live all around us and even on us. They can be airborne or on any exposed surface. Most of these bacteria are harmless and do not cause health issues; however, there are some that do cause illnesses or can aggravate existing conditions.
Viruses can cause mild to serious illnesses from the common cold to very severe sickness. Not only that, some are airborne and on surfaces you touch. These viruses include:
Allergens generally affect some people more than others depending on an individual's sensitivity to the allergen. The most common airborne allergies come from:
- Pollen (Plant produced)
- Mold Spores
- Pet Dander
These contaminants can make most people uncomfortable, have difficulty breathing and for some, severe allergic reactions.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Volatile Organic Compounds are carbon based chemicals which vaporize and thus become airborne. Some of these chemicals are naturally produced from plants, animals and people.
Naturally occurring biological VOCs we recognize as odors. Many biological VOCs are innocuous and cause no harm. However, some can become harmful although are rarely toxic.
Other VOCs are caused by man made substances and can be far more harmful. These are things such as cigarette smoke, aerosols, paint coatings, solvents, etc. Dangerous VOCs are compounds such as:
- Benzene- which is produced by smoking and is a known carcinogen.
- Chlorofluorocarbons- produced by refrigerants such as R22 Freon and can emanate from leaks in HVAC systems older than 2010.
- Methylene Chloride- produced by aerosol spray, paints and is metabolized to Carbon Monoxide in the human body.
- Formaldehyde- produced from building materials including wood, ceiling tiles, wall boards and adhesives. Formaldehyde is slowly emitted over time.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Many factors affect the quality of the air in your home such as:
- Microbes- Bacteria, Viruses
- Mold Spores, Fungus
- Smoke and smoking residue
- Other contaminants- Dander, Particulates
The indoor air quality of your home is dependent on your HVAC equipment’s ability to remove contaminants from the air as it circulates it. Most systems rely on filters which are designed to reduce contaminants from your air as it is pulled through the system.
What You Can Do
As already mentioned, there are a number of things which contaminate your air. Furthermore, many of these contaminants can be threatening or harmful to your health.
Higher MERV rated or HEPA air filters, changed often, can and will help reduce these contaminants.
Thorough, regular cleaning of surfaces in your home and vacuuming can help reduce contaminants before they enter the air filters.
There is also evolving technology which can, with greater precision, eliminate the contaminants. The Reme- Halo device cleans your air naturally using Ionized Hydroperoxide oxidation technology. Refer to the detailed article in the link for more detailed information.
Utilizing RGF’s Reme- Halo proprietary Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy technology, this device is installed into your existing duct system and works invisibly and thoroughly to actively purify your air. Dual ionizers reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores).
The Reme- Halo Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses.
- REME HALO® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.
- New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces
- Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the REME HALO® provides whole home and building purification.
- Easily integrated with your existing HVAC system. The unit doesn’t take away living space and operates silently.
- Two (2) quick release features for easy, no tool, cell replacement
- Incorporates an adjustable shroud around the REME® cell, which allows customization of the advanced oxidation plasma output.
The Reme- Halo can go a long way purifying your Indoor Air Quality and help create a healthier living environment. It is safe, effective and third party tested.
The Cell requires replacement every 18,000- 25,000 hours of use. The device carries a 5 year warranty on the ballast and 2 year warranty on the cell.
Air Doctor Heating and Air would be pleased consult with you on improving your indoor air quality.