How often should I replace my air filter?
It is advisable to check it every month and replace it every three months for optimum results.
What is the difference between a Furnace and a heat pump and which is right for my home?
There are electric, gas and oil furnaces. Gas and oil furnaces have combustion chambers which generate the heat, electric furnaces heat with an element and then the heat is circulated by fan or pipes throughout the home.
Heat pumps differ in that they draw in air, condensed heat the air and force it throughout the home.
The heat pumps are generally more energy efficient and cost effective for homes in milder climates. In more severe weather they often struggle to heat properly.
Air Doctor Heating and Air is pleased to discuss your options and make professional recommendations for you, we provide free estimates.
What causes my home to have uneven heat, warm and cooler areas?
There are many things which can cause warmer and colder areas in your home. The following are many things which may contribute to the problem:
1. Dirty or blocked air filters. It is always wise to check the air filter(s) first. If they are dirty then replace them. It is best not to attempt to clean them.
2. Blocked registers. Make certain that the slats in the registers are clean and free from debris, dust.
3. Damage to the ductwork. If there are cracks or holes in the ductwork, the heat many not be even reaching some or all of the registers in your home and much of your heat may be lost.
4. Inadequate or Inefficient heating unit. The size and logistics of your home determines the size and strength of what unit you will need to properly heat your entire home properly and efficiently.
If you have checked your air filter(s) and your registers and vents then you will need a professional to inspect your ductwork and your system. Air Doctor Heating and Air will be pleased to provide you with a free estimate should you need your unit replaced and can advise you on your best options.
How do I find the best HVAC Service provider?
It is important to consider many factors when selecting the best service provider for you:
1. A knowledgeable, licensed and accredited professional. This provider will be handling some of the biggest appliance investments in your home and you want them to do good job and protect that investment.
2. A specialist who will be able to handle any situation whether it is repair work or new installations.
3. A provider who can deliver prompt, professional response with excellent communication.
4. Good value and reasonable rates.
5. A provider who is available after hours for your emergency needs.
6. A company that stands behind their work and backs up their installations with warranties on products and labor.
7. A company who values my business today and earns my business for the future.
8. A company that can handle all of my HVAC needs from heat pumps, furnaces, boilers to air conditioning, ventilation and indoor air quality control systems.
Finding an honest, reliable provider can bring you many, many years of peace of mind for some of the most important and necessary equipment in your home.
Air Doctor Heating and Air is dedicated to:
- Earning your business with every repair or installation project.
- Providing you with the best service and products available and will consult with you on your best choices.
We truly care that you are completely satisfied with our work and products and back it up with parts and labor warranty protection on all new installations.
What is an Energy Efficiency Ratio?
The United States federal government has created a standard energy rating referred to as SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio). The SEER reflects the seasonal energy performance rating and EER reflects the overall efficiency at peak operation.
Since 2006 all new residential air conditioning units must meet or exceed the accepted standard rating of 13 SEER). The government has also created an energy efficiency program: Energy Star to promote high efficiency central air conditioning requirements and must be rated at least 14 SEER.
What are the benefits of a programmable thermostat?
A programmable thermostat is designed to save you money by automatically providing the temperature you desire in your pre selections. Every time you manually operate your manual thermostat, you use energy. You can save up to 2% for every degree you raise or lower your thermostat.
With a programmable thermostat you will realize a much more consistent temperature throughout your home.
By increasing efficiency you will decrease the wear and tear on your unit(s), decrease your unit’s energy wastefulness and thereby contributing to environmental wellness.
Some programmable thermostats have smart functions to allow interface with your laptop, computer or smartphone.
To sum it up, programmable thermostats are a great way to make efficiency improvement to your home with minimal investment.
Why does my furnace make a loud noise when it is turning on?
If it takes several moments for your furnace to ignite and it is making a loud noise once it does ignite, it could be clogged to dirty burners. When sediment and dirt collect they can cause the fuel to buildup before it ignites, the excess fuel can create the loud noise or bang you hear.
The burners should be properly inspected and cleaned by a licensed professional. AIR DOCTOR provides this service t very reasonable rates and can also inspect your system for you.
Why is my furnace blowing cold air?
Check to make sure your thermostat is correctly set for the temperature you desire and is ON. If that is not the cause, then the make certain that you have fuel and that the tank is not empty. Next check to see if the pilot light is lit. If all these things check out then it is time to call your licensed service provider who can more thoroughly inspect the system and advise you on your options. AIR DOCTOR provides outstanding service with industry qualified and background checked technicians at great rates.
What is an HVAC maintenance contract and how does it work?
An HVAC maintenance contract is an invaluable way to maintain your systems regularly, discover any issues and correct them before any large problems develop, maintain your warranties (if any) all at an outstanding value. Call Air Doctor Heating and Air today and we will provide you with all the details and costs involved. With an AIR DOCTOR maintenance contract you will become a preferred customer with additional discounts available.
Why does my air feel drier in the winter?
Cold air cannot absorb moisture like warm air therefore when the air is heated by your heating system the air humidity drops because the warmer air absorbs more moisture. This can make for a drier environment which is far less comfortable for you and can also Impact your home environment. Additionally, the drier air will feel less warm than humid air.
If you are experiencing this, it may be time to call Air Doctor Heating and Air to provide you with your best options and a free estimate.